The NHS and Schools at risk - the Tory Threat to our public services
In just over a week’s time, the British people face a decision, between the Tories, who have presided over seven years of failure, under-investment and mismanagement of the NHS and our schools, and Labour who will protect these vital services we rely upon.
Download HERE for the research on threat to schools & hospitals posed by five more years of Tory neglect.
NHS - By 2022 there could be:
- 5.5 million people on waiting lists in England by 2022; 1.8 million more people than currently waiting.
- Over one million more people waiting longer than four hours in A&E; a total of 3.5 million people by 2022.
- 230,000 more people spending more than four hours waiting on a trolley for a bed; a total of nearly 800,000 people by 2022.
- 11,000 more people waiting over two months for their first cancer treatment; a total of over 37,000 people by 2022.
- 500,000 more days lost to delayed discharge from hospital; a total of two million days lost by 2022.
- 1.5 million older and vulnerable people with unmet social care needs.
Schools - By 2022 there could be:
- Cuts to per-pupil spending of around seven per cent between 2015–16 and 2021– 22.
- 650,000 pupils crammed into primary school classes of over 30.
- More unqualified teachers in our schools in England; reaching 41,000 by 2022.
- Families left almost £450 worse off per child as a result of the Tories’ plan to scrap free school meals for 1.7 million children.
- The threat of profit-making schools, risking the future of our children.
- Continuing deterioration of school buildings as a result of no extra funding to help the aging school estate.